Conservative Congress Members Swatted for Christmas

Congress Members TARGETED - Authorities Called In!


Among the most prominent members of Congress, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) stands out. Both the Left and the Right have taken aim at her, despite the fact that this is only her second time in Congress. The fact that criminals have repeatedly threatened her life with swatting calls—and that she isn’t the only one—is even more alarming.

Greene Target AGAIN

Greene was swatted on Christmas Day when she was at home with her family celebrating the holiday. The lawmaker told X (formerly Twitter) that her family was present during the incident and that it was “like the 8th” occurrence of its like. She bragged that her town’s cops “are the GREATEST and shouldn’t have to deal with” such calls.

Major Rodney Bailey, with the Rome, Georgia, police department, told NBC News that an individual in Rome, New York, called the suicide hotline and said he shot his girlfriend at the congresswoman’s address. The police department called her security liaison and informed them of the call. The security team assured the police that nobody needed to respond to the house.

Since becoming office, Greene has been the target of several attacks.

New York Congressman Swatted

On Christmas Day, Rep. Brandon Williams (R-NY) of New York was swatted as well. At about 2 o’clock in the afternoon, the congressman’s home in Sennett, New York was reportedly visited by deputies from Cayuga County and troopers from New York State.

Someone called the 911 call center and reported a shooting at the lawmaker’s house. Officers were able to quickly determine the call was a prank. Cayuga County Sheriff Brian Schenck spoke to The Citizen and called it “unfortunate” that someone would call in a “false report on Christmas Day and cause Congressman Williams and his family such an inconvenience on this important holiday.”

What Is Swatting?

The goal of a swatting call is to have the SWAT team dispatched to a violent incident reported to the police. Andrew Finch, a 28-year-old resident of Wichita, Kansas, died in 2017 after receiving one of these calls, among many others around the nation. Two decades in prison were handed down to the individual whose call resulted in Finch’s death. A five million dollar settlement was reached between the Wichita Police Department and the victim’s family.

Mark Herring, 60, had a huge heart attack in 2020 after a teenager swatted him in an attempt to get him to give up his Twitter name. The adolescent received a five-year prison term for reporting the incident.