According to humanitarian groups conducting evacuations in Afghanistan, the Biden administration prevented a charter flight that would have evacuated American citizens and Afghan green-card holders from landing in the United States.
Project Dynamo, an evacuation organization, announced Tuesday that the denial had been made.
“Today’s triumph is ending in tragedy,” Project Dynamo announced on Instagram. “After initial approval, the US government is now denying entry into the US for our American passengers aboard Dynamo 01.”
“These passengers are all US passport holders, US green card holders with valid Afghan passports, and a few SIV approved Afghan passport holders,” the group continued.
“There are 59 children under the age of 18 and 16 under the age of 3,” it added. “ALL of these passengers have been Covid tested, are Covid negative, and have been MR vaccinated.”
‘These Americans are being denied entry into THEIR OWN COUNTRY by the US government.’
Bryan Stern explained that he had received permission from the Taliban-run Afghan Civil Aviation Authority to send a charter flight to rescue passengers from Kabul’s airport.
Stern stated that the State Department and United Arab Emirate’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs also participated in the effort.
“A Department of Homeland Security official claimed it was because authorities need time to conduct background checks on those on board,” the Daily Mail reported.
Stern stated “Customs had cleared his charter flight to land at in New York but later changed the clearance to Dulles International Airport outside Washington before denying the plane landing rights anywhere in the US,” the Daily Mail noted.
“The plane was held on the tarmac in Abu Dhabi for 14 hours amid the debacle yesterday after taking off from Kabul Airport with 117 on board, among them 59 children,” the report added.
As Becker News reported, the State Department had previously blocked humanitarian and private flights into and out of Afghanistan. Fox News obtained further evidence that the United States’ State Department was hindering Americans from leaving Afghanistan.
“Military lawyer and retired Marine Eric Montalvo shared the communications with Fox after he organized some of the flights and now claims the federal government thwarted his rescue effort,” the Daily Mail reported. “The leaked emails show State officials refusing to allow Montalvo’s privately paid for flights to use US property either inside the country or at one of its many overseas bases, after the Biden administration pledged to do whatever it can to rescue all Americans and as many Afghan allies as possible.”
“No independent charters are allowed’ at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar,” the September 1 email says. “In fact, no charters are allowed to land at an [sic] DoD base and most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region, with the exception of perhaps Saudi Arabia will allow charters to land.”
Becker News reported on August 28th that the State Department had blocked private flights to Afghanistan for Americans participating in unauthorized rescue missions.
“The Biden administration has issued orders that will make the unauthorized rescue and extraction missions to get Americans and Afghan allies out of country significantly more difficult,” the report said. “Amid widespread reports of rescue efforts from groups like Task Force Pineapple, Task Force Dunkirk, and Team America, the U.S. State Department has issued an advisery to nations surrounding Afghanistan to deny support to aircraft conducting such operations in Afghanistan.”
“Now being told that State Dept. is telling nations surrounding Afghanistan not to allow private jets handling the private extractions to land and/or refuel,” John Cardillo reported. “This is inexplicable and evil.”
Sources with military connections told Becker News that the reason private flights were not allowed to be refueled was that airspace was being cleared for evacuations. However, this explanation conflicts with reports that evacuations from Kabul airport were halted.
In the meantime, the White House makes it easier for illegal immigrants to enter the country than Americans fleeing Afghanistan’s war-torn nation. This is in response to the reckless withdrawal of the Biden administration.
“During Monday’s daily press briefing, Psaki was pressed on why there are so many steps pertaining to COVID-19 when flying into the country, such as providing vaccination proof or a negative COVID-19 test, but seemingly none for those who walk across the border,” the NY Post reported.
“As individuals come across the border, and they are both assessed for whether they have any symptoms, if they have symptoms they are,” Psaki said.
“The intention is for them to be quarantined. That is our process, they’re not intending to stay here for a lengthy period of time, I don’t think it’s the same thing. It’s not the same thing,” she claimed.
The State Department says there are still 100 Americans in Afghanistan who are “ready to depart,” according to journalist Emily Miller. The Biden administration earlier promised that all Americans would be evacuated before the August 31 deadline or troops would stay behind to ensure that they got out safely.
The White House not only broke that promise, but it has also stopped Americans and their allies from fleeing Afghanistan. Biden’s actions go beyond incompetence. They are fundamentally anti-American.